Our Commitment to a Net-Zero Partnership
Unisource Solutions is committed to fostering a healthy planet, reducing our carbon impact, and continually coming together to work toward collective change for environmental and social responsibility. Since 1987, Unisource Solutions has been promoting sustainable business practices and partnering with our clients to save money and reduce their environmental impact. Our mission is to raise awareness, continue to diminish waste, and be a part of reducing both ours and our clients’ carbon footprints. We are part of your net-zero strategy.
Unisource Solutions’ Environmental Policy
- Implement operations initiatives that exceed our legal requirements to protect the environment and the health of our employees and customers.
- Continue to require our service partners and the manufacturers we represent to operate at a high sustainable standard.
- Practice pollution prevention measures for ourselves and our clients that are based in effective and efficient waste management programs via the re-use, recycling, and reduction of resources.
- Provide decommission services that support charities through donation programs.
- Employ a refusal policy of excess cardboard in our receiving department.
- Encourage employee participation in onsite and offsite activities that promote and improve environmental sustainability.
- Maintain and support a hybrid workplace model to reduce our employees emissions and pollution impact.
From the products we represent and produce, to the services we offer, we are committed to making the most of our clients’ resources while minimizing the impact on our planet. Reusing and recycling valuable corporate resources helps reduce disposal costs, minimizes unnecessary purchasing and creation of new product, and diverts tons of waste from our landfills. Here are a few steps in our process for reducing, re-using, and recycling resources:
- Repair and refurbish viable assets and recycle them back into the workplace.
- Our centralized recycling program diverts metal, paper, and pallets from ending as waste.
- Repurpose items that can be down-cycled, through facilitation of liquidation sales and large-scale donations.
We are proud to partner with other socially responsible businesses like Haworth, Buzzi, Janus, Valentine Woodworks, and are committed to continually evaluating the manufacturers and service providers that we represent. They will be held to the highest sustainability standards.